Value Proposition for RCM
Praj as the flag bearer of sustainability and Bioeconomy
- Our strides in RCM is based on exclusive work in molecular biology, microbiology, fermentation and chemical synthesis by pool of qualified scientists
- Engineering skills effectively used for process optimisation and scale up.
- Praj has technical collaborations with renowned global organizations such as Lygos inc, USA & National Chemical Laboratory (NCL)
- Praj has constituted an expert panel of advisors around the globe to help draw-up a strategic blue print and to guide in progression of RCM programme.
Praj Matrix-The R&D center
Praj Matrix is the backbone of the company’s endeavours in RCM.
- 16 well equipped laboratories for microbiology & molecular biology, bioprocess technology, process engineering & scale-up, chemical sciences (including phytochemicals).
- 90+ PhDs and technologists.
- Expertise in developing a robust fermentation based and chemo-catalytic technologies
- Quick and accurate scale up of technologies to pilot and commercial scale
Bio diversity screening
A “High-throughput Biodiversity Screening Facility” in Praj Matrix has been utilized to explore microbial diversity for industrially important microbial products. The facility has been sanctioned by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India, to Praj Industries. This development strengthens academic-industry linkage as well as public-private partnership to develop indigenous technologies. Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune (DPU) is the academic partner and National Centre for Microbial Resource (NCMR) has been working closely with both partners.
With the strong foundation of feedstock expertise and bioengineering, Praj is leveraging synthetic biology for industrialization of biology. With the Biofoundry approach to new organism development, Praj is looking at developing Biorefineries in multiple sectors of Bioeconomy. Praj Biofoundry is aimed at significant reduction in time and cost to scale up technologies as compared to traditional time lines. This will be achieved by 5-10X improvement in typical Design-Build-Test-Learn cycle of developing new biological systems and novel biomolecules.