Alcohol based hand Sanitizer manufacturing is a batch process.
Following Ingredients are used in the process of manufacturing
|1||Alcohol||The alcohol-based version is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system Alcohol rub sanitizers kill most bacteria, and fungi, and stop some viruses|
Quantity of Alcohol required in manufacturing is 0.83-0.84 Lit/Lit of Sanitizer batch with alcohol specification as attached below.
|2||Demineralized Water Plant||In the process Alcohol is diluted to desired concentration with the help of Demineralized Water.|
Quantity of Demineralized water is around 0.11-0.12 Lit/Lit of Sanitizer Batch.
|3||Hydrogen Peroxide||Hydrogen peroxide is a mild antiseptic.|
Hydrogen peroxide solutions look like water and can be dissolved in water unrestrainedly. At high concentrations these solutions give off an irritating, acidic smell. Hydrogen peroxide is inflammable Quantity of Hydrogen Peroxide is around 0.04-0.045 Lit/Lit of Sanitizer Batch.
|4||Glycerol||Used as humectant, but other emollients may be used for skin care, provided that they are cheap, widely available and miscible in water and alcohol and do not add to toxicity, or promote allergy.Quantity of Hydrogen Peroxide is around 0.015-0.017 Lit/Lit of Sanitizer Batch.|
Product Hand Wash Sanitizer Formulation
|Sr. No.||Component||Unit||ENA Grade Limit|
|1||Ethanol content||% v/v||83.33|
|2||Hydrogen Peroxide||% v/v||4.17|
|4||RO/DM Water||% v/v||11.05|
- 1. Take measured quantity of Alcohol in mixing reactor. Ensure that specification of alcohol is as described below in section 4.
- 2. Now add measured quantity amount of DM water in the Mixing Reactor.
- 3. Start stir till around 10 minute
- 4. Upon complete mixing stop agitator.
- 5. Now slowly add required quantity of Hydrogen Peroxide and Glycerol manually.(Use Safety equipment while handling Chemicals)
- 6. Start stir till around 10 minute
- 7. Measure the concentration of the final batch it should be as per the formulation composition described above and transfer to the Sanitizer storage tank.
- 8. Transfer sanitizer liquid to bottling unit.
- 1. Purity of ethanol is checked by GC analysis
- 2. Hydrogen peroxide concentration measured by titrimetric method
- 3. The sanitizers are tested for antimicrobial activity based on contact time with sanitizer and reduction in log count of both gram positive and gram negative bacteria and Bacteriophage (virus stimulant)
- 4. NABL accredited lab conduct product testing and provide certificate of analysis