- 1. Take measured quantity of Alcohol in mixing reactor. Ensure that specification of alcohol is as described below in section 4.
- 2. Now add measured quantity amount of DM water in the Mixing Reactor.
- 3. Start stir till around 10 minute
- 4. Upon complete mixing stop agitator.
- 5. Now slowly add required quantity of Hydrogen Peroxide and Glycerol manually.(Use Safety equipment while handling Chemicals)
- 6. Start stir till around 10 minute
- 7. Measure the concentration of the final batch it should be as per the formulation composition described above and transfer to the Sanitizer storage tank.
- 8. Transfer sanitizer liquid to bottling unit.
- 1. Purity of ethanol is checked by GC analysis
- 2. Hydrogen peroxide concentration measured by titrimetric method
- 3. The sanitizers are tested for antimicrobial activity based on contact time with sanitizer and reduction in log count of both gram positive and gram negative bacteria and Bacteriophage (virus stimulant)
- 4. NABL accredited lab conduct product testing and provide certificate of analysis
For the manufacturers of sanitizers in India, a license is required from the state excise and FDA. The sanitizer would need to be certified by NABL approved laboratories. (There are 106 NABL accredited labs in India.)
For manufacturers outside India, appropriate certification for manufacturing and distribution needs to be obtained from regional regulatory authorities.
List of approved Laboratories are attached for reference.
|Sr. No.||TEST IN NABL ACCREDITED SCOPE||LABORATORY||ADDRESS||STATE||PHONE NO.||CONTACT PERSON|
|1||EFFICACY||SHRIRAM INSTITUTE FOR INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH||14 15, SADARMANGALA INDUSTRIAL AREA, WHITEFIELD ROAD, BANGALORE||KARNATAKAfirstname.lastname@example.org||D NAGARAJ|
|2||EFFICACY||ITL LABS PVT. LTD||B-283, 284, MANGOL PURI INDUSTRIAL AREA, PHASE-1 NEW DELHI||DELHIemail@example.com||SANJAY MEHRA|
|3||EFFICACY||FARE LABS PRIVATE LIMITED||L-17/3, DLF PHASE-II, IFFCO CHOWK, M.G. ROAD, GURGAON||HARYANAfirstname.lastname@example.org||MEENAKSHI TRIPATHI|
|4||EFFICACY||ARBRO PHARMACEUTICALS PRIVATE LIMITED (ANALYTICAL DIVISION)||4/9, KIRTI NAGAR, INDUSTRIAL AREA NEW DELHI||DELHIemail@example.com||SILPI KALITA|
|5||EFFICACY||GODREJ CONSUMER PRODUCTS LTD., R&D CENTRE||PIROJSHA NAGAR, EASTERN EXPRESS HIGHWAY, VIKHROLI EAST, MUMBAI||MAHARASHTRAfirstname.lastname@example.org||REENA BIBALS|
|6||EFFICACY||TUV INDIA PVT. LTD (LAB DIVISION PUNE)||SURVEY NO: 42, Hissa No.3/1 & 3/2, SUS-Taluka: Mulshi, PUNE||MAHARASHTRAemail@example.com||SONIA NANDRE|
|7||EFFICACY||FICCI RESEARCH & ANALYSIS CENTRE||PLOT NO 2A SECTOR-8 DWARKA, DELHI||DELHIfirstname.lastname@example.org||MONIKA GUPTA|
|8||EFFICACY||ADVANCE RESEARCH AND ANALYTICAL SERVICES||1/8, SOUTH SIDE GT ROAD, BULANDSHAHR INDUSTRIAL AREA, GHAZIABAD||U.P||9654360431||INFO@ARASINDIA.COM||RICHA MISHRA|
|9||EFFICACY||SOPHISTICATED INDUSTRIAL MATERIALS ANALYTICS LABS PVT LTD||A-3/7 MAYAPURI INDUSTRIAL AREA PHASE -II DELHI||DELHIemail@example.com||SUJEET KUMAR SHARMA|
|10||EFFICACY||PUNJAB BIOTECHNOLOGY INCUBATOR||SCO 7&8, PHASE-V, MOHALI||PUNJABfirstname.lastname@example.org||AJIT DUA|
|11||EFFICACY||CENTRAL DRUGS LABORATORY||3, KYD STREET, KOLKATA||WEST BENGALemail@example.com||C HARIHARAN|
|12||EFFICACY||INTERSTELLAR TESTING CENTRE PVT LTD||Plot No. 86, INDUSTRIAL AREA, PHASE-1, PANCHKULA||HARYANAfirstname.lastname@example.org||MANJARI GARGESH|
|13||EFFICACY||DELHI TEST HOUSE||A-62/3, G T KARNAL ROAD INDUSTRIAL AREA, OPPOSITE HANS CINEMA, AZADPUR, DELHI.||DELHIemail@example.com||M C GOEL|
|14||EFFICACY||AVON FOOD LAB PVT. LTD.||C-35/23 LAWRENCE ROAD INDUSTRIAL AREA, NEW DELHI||DELHIfirstname.lastname@example.org||SUNIL KUMAR KOCHAR|
|15||EFFICACY||BHAVAN'S RESEARCH CENTER (MICROBIOLOGY)||5TH FLOOR, PALANJI SADAN-SFC Building, BHAVAN'S COLLEGE CAMPUS, ANDHERI (WEST), MUMBAI||MAHARASHTRAemail@example.com||SANDHYA SHRIVASTAVA|
General Safety Recommendation
- 1) The flash points of ethanol 80% (v/v) is 17.5°C special attention should be given to proper storage in tropical climates. Production and storage facilities should be ideally air-conditioned or cool rooms. Open flames and smoking must be strictly prohibited in production and storage.
- 2) Consideration should be given to the risks associated with spillage onto floor coverings, including the risk of pedestrian slips – it is important to deal with spillages immediately.
- 3) Use of Personal protective kit for safety.