Praj Industries Limited,
"Praj Tower" 274 & 275/2,
Bhumkar Chowk-Hinjewadi Road,
Pune : 411057, INDIA.
Phone : 020-71802000 and
For the main business lines,namely (1) Alcohol (2) Brewery (3) Water & Waste Water Treatment (4) Critical Process Equipment & Systems, PRAJ supplies Integrated plants & systems to its customers.
The constituents of an integrated plants & Systems are
- All kind of RCC work
- Steel Structures
- Equipment like columns / heat exchanges / tanks / pumps / PHEs etc.
- Package units like boiler, dryer, cooling tower, refrigeration plant, bottling plant etc.
- Electrical drives, power distribution systems, lighting etc.
- Field and panel mounted instruments, plant control systems etc.
- Interconnection piping systems
To design and engineer each of these constituents as well as to integrate all these, PRAJ has adequate competent in-house design and engineering resource groups for
- Process & Utilities
- Layouts & Piping
- Civil & Structural
- Mechanical (shop fabricated, site fabricated and sourced from suppliers as bought outs)
- Instrumentation, Automation and Control.
Close coordination and stage wise reviews of all the drawings, documents, specifications generated by these design and engineering groups is very critical for an integrated plants. This is ensured through effective work systems for the following:
- Correctness and completeness to meet Customer’s requirements
- Interfaces between all the constituent parts
- Interfaces at PRAJ scope battery limits
- Approvals by authorized personnel prior to release
- Overall quality
Best of the best design softwares are used during design of the plant. To name a few:
- ChemCAD for process design
- HTRI for heat transfer design
- PVElite for mechanical design of equipment like distillation columns, pressure vessels and heat exchangers
- PDMS and AutoPLANT for 3-D modeling
In addition in-house developed softwares are widely used for design as well as engineering.
2-D drawings are generated on AutoCAD platform.
Having supplied the plants to 5 continents (Asia, America, Australia, Africa and Europe) in more than 60 countries, PRAJ design and engineering team has thorough knowledge of all the applicable international codes and standards.
Customer’s specific requirements in the form of standards and specifications are studied in detail to ensure total compliance during design and engineering.
PRAJ design and engineering team also contributes in developing Quality Assurance Plans (QAPs) or Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs). It also extends support during inspection especially for critical bought outs and during construction activities at plant site.